Transportation to Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy started sailing in March of 2012 and is an incredible addition to Disney Cruise Lines Fleet. This is the fourth ship for Disney and accommodating it's 4,000 passengers at it's home-port in Port Canaveral Florida is what we are here for!
Transportation to Disney's Fantasy at Port Canaveral
The Disney Fantasy is Disney Cruise Line's newest addition to their fleet. Fantasy became the fourth ship for Disney when it officially entered service on March 31st, 2012.
Below is a sort of time-line or evolution of Disney Fantasy making it what is known today as Disney's 7 day cruise itinerary from Saturday to Saturday from Port Canaveral:
- 02/2007: Disney Cruise Line announced that it had commissioned two new ships for its fleet.
- 03/2009: The first steel-cut, for scroll-work on the ship's hull, took place at the Meyer Werft shipyards in Papenburg, Germany.
- 03/2009: The two ships were named, with the Disney Fantasy set to enter service about a year after its sister, the Disney Dream.
- 02/2011: The ship's keel was laid and a magic coin was placed beneath the ship's hull featuring the hull number and the date of the keel's laying.
- 09/2011: The announcement was made that that the stern character on the Disney Fantasy will be Dumbo, The Flying Elephant.
- 12/2011: The ship builders found water lines open that damaged 48 cabins costing them more than one million dollars.
- 01/2012: Disney Fantasy was floated out of the ship-building docks at Meyer Werft.
- 02/2012: Fantasy was delivered to Bremerhaven, Germany to DCL
- 02/2012: Fantasy made her Trans-Atlantic voyage to New York
- 03/2012: Fantasy is christened in the Port of Manhattan
- 03/2012: Disney Fantasy arrives and makes her maiden voyage from her new home in Port Canaveral, Florida